On June 1, 1933, Erwin Klein senior founded our company, which specialised in the field of industrial safety from the very beginning. Even then the manufacture and sale of respiratory protection devices were one of the main fields in which the company worked.
History of EKASTU Safety GmbH
The trademark "EKASTU" - Erwin Klein Arbeitsschutz (= Personal Protection) Stuttgart - is legally protected and develops in the specialist trade into a hallmark for industrial protection products of high quality over the years.
With its participation in DIN committees - and later CEN and ISO committees - the company is in an ideal position for ensuring that its products are always in line with state of the art technologies.
The company moves into its new business premises at Gutenbergstrasse 75, where headquarter it is located until 2012. The expansion of the product range and the high level of merchandise turnover had made this move imperative. The C 60 gas mask is successfully introduced at this time, as the first version of the Colorex half mask.
In April 1986 the business management graduate Wolfgang Klein joins the company and is appointed managing director in January 1987.
Participation as the largest shareholder in the firm DPI S.r.l., a former Pirelli subsidiary, with an associated transfer of production to Italy.
Our company becomes a number of the "Interessenverbund Persönliche Schutzausrüstungen e.V." ("Association for Personal Protective Equipment"). Certification of our Italian production according to ISO 9002.
Opening of EKASTU Safety AG in Nendeln/Principality of Liechtenstein with own web site: www.ekastu.li.
EKASTU Safety celebrates its 75th anniversary.
Relocation of EKASTU Safety Group headquarters inclusive the main production plant to Waiblingen/Germany
EKASTU Safety AG in Nendeln/Principality of Liechtenstein celebrates its 10th anniversary.
Be even more up-to-date: EKASTU Safety launches the new Home Page.
We remain "on the ball" for you!